Traditional Scottish Hide Tanning Course
Specific dates to follow soon…
Join us in the heart of the Scottish Highlands for a six day traditional hide tanning course.
Explore the ancient art of hide tanning and leather working practised in Scotland by our ancestors.
During the course you will produce your own buckskin deer hide for clothes making and bark tanned sheepskins.
During this course you will have time to craft, become part of a primitive skills community and escape to a beautiful place in nature.
This course will include:
- learning ancient tanning methods practiced by our ancestors in Scotland
- producing beautifully tanned buckskin and bark tan hides which you can use to make bags, clothing or bed rolls
- staying next to a Highland Loch surrounded by beautiful mountains
- evenings around the campfire
- Animal processing
- crafting tools from stone and other natural materials
- beautiful Scottish surroundings, including woodland hikes, waterfalls and ancient Scottish sites such as Prehistoric stone carvings, the Falls of Acharan stone circle, iron age hill forts, old copper sites and the Fortingall Yew (one of the oldest trees in the world)
This course is suitable for beginners, advanced tanners and previous participants.
If you would like to be kept updated with course details please fill in your contact details below: